Sunday, January 25, 2009

Somebody pinch me

I just read the President's Energy and the Environment Agenda over at the new whitehouse.gov. Granted, it's just an agenda, just a plan, but to see these words, "Make the U.S. a Leader on Climate Change," on a government website made me think for a moment that I might have slipped into some strange parallel universe, or might simply be in a dream. Other than not believing there is such a thing as "clean coal," unless one means it in the sense of "clean the top of this mountain off so we can get to the coal," I found the agenda a welcomed change from the years and years of denial and profiteering by the entrenched energy players. I really hope Obama's 'take the bull by the horns and get moving' approach will score some major victories, quickly, and affirm that this is real -- it's not just an agenda, not just a plan, but a process that is going to change America. Can't wait to see it!

No comments: