Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Look At Tagging � Life as I Know It

Very interesting note about tagging, directly relevant to our class this week in organizing and providing access to information: A Look At Tagging � Life as I Know It. It appears that Library Thing contains 10x the number of tags as Amazon with a tiny fraction of the traffic. Jennifer refers to an article written by Tim Spalding that looks like it might shed more light on the usefulness of tags. I had recently uncovered David Weinberger's article on leaves and trees that compared tags with faceted search and hierarchical searches, very helpful. I'll have to send a note about this to the class list. Another connection here: my good friend Peg O'Donnell and I are exploring Library Thing as we speak. It just doesn't stop, the connections...

No comments: