Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Gadgets as tyrants -- or is it content owners as tyrants?

Today in the NYT, there's an article about the Las Vegas consumer electronics show in which the author complains about drm limiting freedom to use media on devices as the consumer wishes. Of course, this is interesting to me and to many people I know, including Peg O'Donnell, who created and updates the legal office's Web site for Catholic University in D.C. So she's posting a link to the article on the Web site. Straightforward enough, but the cool thing is that 3 months ago I wouldn't have had a clue about how to do this, that it was even do-able, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to show anyone else how to do it, and most of all, blog about it. Not that it's earth-shattering. But it's just so wonderful to have the time and the inclination, and the structure of a course of study that really requires that I engage technologies, information, and learn in these ways. It's at times daunting. Sometimes I am a bit overwhelmed. But it's just intrinsically exciting.

No comments: